PROTECT YOUR BRAND
- Colors: Hex and Pantone codes for internet and printing use
- Fonts: Fonts used in the logo and those appropriate for other corresponding materials
- Logo Usage: Orientation, positioning, size, spacing, colors, etc all affect the way your logo and in turn, your business, will be perceived by the public
- Communication Style: Describes the way your company will show its “personality” to the world… formal, casual, technical, edgy, etc. in its marketing, social media, direct communications, website content, etc.
- Corporate Guide: Mission/Purpose/Values, Brand Positioning and Guardrails (who you do or do not do business with), Target Audience/Market
See below for examples from Fresh Media Graphics’ Style Guide to get an idea of what you can include in your business or organization’s style guide. Each organization will desire a different level of protection for their logo so while some may not care what size their logo is displayed, others will specify an exact minimum and maximum size for print and online applications as well as the distance it can be from other objects on a page.